Offers 25% Discount for New Bookings by June 30
NEW YORK, NY — Lindblad Expeditions has announced five new voyages to replace their itineraries impacted by the Ukrainian invasion. The new itineraries were designed to surprise and delight by going farther and deeper into remote wild places only reachable by small expedition ships — from the stunning upper reaches of the Arctic to the heart of Alaska’s wilderness to the cultural splendor and immense natural beauty of coastal Japan.
“To the hundreds of guests whose trips have been impacted, we are grateful for your understanding as we have worked to develop alternative itineraries that offer compelling opportunities for the authentic and immersive exploration you expect from us,” stated Dolf Berle, President & CEO of Lindblad Expeditions in his letter to guests booked on the cancelled voyages.
“We hope that you find these new trips as exciting as we do. To thank you for your patience and continued loyalty throughout what has been a very challenging period, we are pleased to offer you 25% off when you book a cabin on one of these new voyages,” Berle concluded in his letter.
The offer is available on select 2022 departures on the five new itineraries for bookings made by June 30, 2022. The 25% off offer is valid for new bookings only, and subject to availability at time of booking.
The new voyages include:
- Epic Coastal Alaska aboard National Geographic Orion – Lindblad’s most epic coastal Alaska expedition ever. Sail among temperate rainforests and wildlife-rich waters of coastal British Columbia, and explore the fjords, villages, and wildlife of Alaska’s Inside Passage. Enter Yakutat and Disenchantment Bays, up to the face of seven-mile-wide Hubbard Glacier; explore Prince William Sound, with its spectacular mountains and massive tidewater glaciers. Zodiac, kayak, or stand-up paddleboard among myriad islands that play host to a diverse population of wildlife. This unprecedented voyage could only be made on a luxurious vessel like the yacht-sized National Geographic Orion, which has the nimbleness to navigate the Inside Passage, and the stability and power to handle the open water of the Gulf of Alaska. 15-days, departs June 12 and June 26, 2022.
- Extraordinary Alaska: Misty Fjords to the Hubbard Glacier – Adventure in style aboard National Geographic Orion on its first-ever exploration of Alaska’s Inside Passage. Enter a world of unforgettable fjords and snowcaps, temperate rainforests, and massive glaciers, taking time to discover the lesser-known corners of Alaska’s coastal wilderness. From Vancouver, trace the rugged coast of British Columbia, exploring wildlife-rich waters on the way to Alaska’s Misty Fjords National Monument. Spot seabirds and whales while kayaking or paddleboarding among the intricate channels and islands of the Alexander Archipelago. Then sail across Yakutat Bay to the face of the six-mile-wide Hubbard Glacier. 11-days, departs July 11, 21, 31, Aug 10 & 20, 2022.
- Iceland’s Wild West Coast to East Greenland – Set aboard the new National Geographic Endurance, discover a region of epic ice home to the Arctic’s iconic creatures: polar bears, whales, and vast seabird colonies. Actively explore Iceland’s Westfjord region: hike through picturesque valleys as they transition into autumn; make your way over layers of basalt visibly cracked and carved in the last ice age and witness thundering waterfalls. Along Northeast Greenland, venture into the largest fjord system in the world to cruise among magnificent icebergs and visit the welcoming communities where people live close to their ancestral traditions. Follow in the wake of the 10th-century Viking explorers along the ice cap and learn of their bold, history-making expeditions. 13-days, July 2, 2022.
- A Journey from Nome to Tokyo: Ring of Fire to Ainu Culture – Follow the “Ring of Fire” from Alaska’s volcanic Aleutian Islands to the rugged island of Hokkaido, Japan on a voyage aboard the new National Geographic Resolution that highlights the wildlife and cultures that inhabit the Pacific’s edges. Discover the wild, seldom visited islands of the Bering Sea, encountering millions of seabirds as well as northern fur seals and bears in the Pribilof and Aleutian Islands. Then view towering volcanic cones in the distance as we make our way to the rugged shores of Hokkaido—home to more than 51 volcanoes. Hike amid the mystical lakes and forests of northern Japan’s national parks, explore historic sites along the coast of Honshu, and cap off your voyage in the thriving metropolis of Tokyo. 20-days, departs Aug 7, 2022.
- Coastal Japan: Imperial Dynasties and Modern Culture – Step back in time on a voyage into Japan’s riveting history, from the historic castle towns of the Edo period to the elegant shrines and merchant districts of the Meiji era to the poignant sites of World War II. Trace the shores of Honshu and the islands of the Seto Inland Sea aboard National Geographic Resolution, venture into the homes of samurai and feudal lords, and discover exquisite centuries-old gardens and temples. Take a detour to South Korea to spend a day exploring the ancient city of Gyeongju and explore Japanese artistic traditions of the past and present. 16-days, departs Aug 29, 2022.
On each trip guests will be accompanied by extraordinary experts—Naturalists, Photographers, Historians — whose depth of knowledge and genuine passion are the beating heart of the Lindblad experience.
For reservations or additional information on Lindblad Expeditions voyages to some of the most beautiful and fascinating places on Earth, visit www.expeditions.com, call 1-800-EXPEDITION (1-800-397-3348) or contact your travel advisor. Also visit Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
For more travel features, visit:
Going Places @ theisland360.com
‘Like’ us on facebook.com/NewsPhotoFeatures