BILLINGS, MT– A vast Yellowstone eco-system spanning Wyoming, Idaho and Montana is a world of wonder lost to most visitors whose eyes are only on one prize — Yellowstone National Park. Austin Adventures, a pioneer in active, multisport travel for adults and families, is offering a carefully crafted, six-day Montana Vacation Package from $2,698 per adult that focuses on adventures outside of Yellowstone National Park while dipping inside park boundaries for such must-sees as Old Faithful. Adult-only trip departures in 2018 are July 1 and 22, Aug. 26, Sept. 2 and 9. A version designed just for families (with youth pricing) is offered June 10, 17 and 24, July 8, 15 and 29, Aug. 5, 12 and 19. The host city is Bozeman, MT.
An extra advantage to guests on this itinerary is that they will be touring with the leading provider of best-in-class travel in this region, stretching from river-carved Gallatin Canyon and mountainous Paradise Valley to Old Faithful and beyond. This is the wild, wild West where Austin Adventures’ staff live, work and play. The company’s in-depth knowledge of the surprises buried in this home turf equate to unparalleled opportunities for active travelers to open their senses in this still untamed world.
Guests on this active itinerary will…
- Hike two to six miles on easy to difficult terrain including a trek to a U-shaped glacial cirque in Big Sky’s secluded backcountry and a hike full of surprises to the rim of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River.
- Horseback Ride with a bona fide, fourth generation Montana cowboy into the Absaroka Mountains with viewpoints overlooking all of Paradise Valley and the Gallatin Mountain Range (no experience necessary).
- Raft Class II-III rapids through postcard-perfect canyons and ranchlands on the Yellowstone River (no experience required).
- Tour Hayden Valley in search of elk, bison, wolf and bear, utilizing scopes and binoculars when necessary to view these animals from a safe distance.
- Soak in the soothing natural waters of historic Chico Hot Springs Resort after a day spent wandering through the wilds of Montana.
- Zip line across the Gallatin River in the land where the movie A River Runs Through It was filmed.
At 22 million acres, the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem is 10 times the size of Yellowstone Park. Austin Adventures’ Montana Vacation explores the northern portion of this spectacular region in detail while also hitting many of the iconic highlights of Yellowstone National Park: Old Faithful and Upper Geyser Basin, home to the largest collection of geysers in the world, Grand Canyon and the Lower Falls of Yellowstone, Yellowstone Lake, Mammoth Hot Springs and much more.
The rate includes five nights accommodation; all meals (except one on-own dinner); services of fully trained, first-aid certified professional guides and knowledgeable local partners; use of activity-related equipment; vehicle support and land transportation; Austin Adventures T-shirt, water bottle and luggage tags; luggage service; pre-departure and packing information and incidental expenses such as taxes, dining and housekeeping gratuities, local partner and expert gratuities and national park entrance and permit fees.
Accommodations include Chico Hot Springs Resort, home to one of Montana’s best restaurants, tucked into the foothills of the Absaroka Mountains. Here guests can luxuriate in Chico’s hot spring-fed pools in the midst of one of the most “Montana” landscapes imaginable. Guests also experience a 110-year-old homestead, 320 Ranch, reshaped with cowboy comforts as a Montana guest ranch. And near the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, Canyon Lodge and Cabins provide rustic accommodations that allow guests to step back from technology and embrace togetherness in the country’s first national park.
For details see https://www.austinadventures.com/packages/montana-big-sky-yellowstone-paradise-valley (adult-focused itinerary) and https://www.austinadventures.com/packages/montana-family-vacation/ (family-focused).
Austin Adventures also offers these other northern Rockies trips.
For more travel features, visit:
‘Like’ us on facebook.com/NewsPhotoFeatures