SONOMA, CA – The quest for travel experiences that maximize outdoor activities way off a beaten track as the antidote to COVID-19 are bringing many newcomers to ranch vacations.
“In lieu of traveling outside the country for a winter vacation this year, guests who embrace the relaxing routine of life on a ranch may well wonder why they waited so long to discover the joys of ranch vacations,” says Gene Kilgore, a leading authority on vacations ranging from cattle wrangling to fly fishing to spa.
Here are his recommendations for sourcing ranch vacations ideal for winter.
In Arizona are three ranches to make a snowbird’s dream come true.
- At Rancho de los Caballeros in Wickenberg, AZ, in the Sonoran Desert guests can divvy up their days between playing golf on an 18-hole course and horseback riding. Other activities include tennis, nature hikes, bird watching and skeet shooting. https://ranchweb.com/ranches/rancho-de-los-caballeros
- Circle Z Ranch in Patagonia, AZ, is all about riding horses on 100 miles of riding trails nestled in southern Arizona’s Sky Islands, an area renowned for vast grasslands and vaulting mountain ranges. Other activities include tennis and guided tours with naturalists. https://ranchweb.com/ranches/circle-z-ranch
- In Tucson guests can hype their adrenalin on the shooting range at White Stallion Ranch or pursuing rock climbing based on top rope bouldering and top rope, single pitch climbing. Fat tire E-biking, hiking and always horseback riding make the days fly here on the Sonoran desert bordering Saguaro National Park. https://ranchweb.com/ranches/white-stallion-ranch
Powder hounds, on the other hand, will enjoy the pleasures winter affords on guest ranches in Colorado and in Montana.
- In Kremming, CO, the snow at Latigo Ranch averages over 200 inches a year, making this a winter paradise for cross-country skiers and snowshoers who embrace 50 miles of cross-country trails and 200 square miles of backcountry powder. Tubing, sledding and fat bikes add to the fun. https://www.top50ranches.com/ranch-vacations/latigo-ranch
- Vista Verde in Steamboat Springs, CO, enjoys proximity to Steamboat Ski Resort’s alpine ski slopes. Guests can also stick close to home and cross-country ski and snowshoe or hop on snowmobiles, fat bikes or snow tubes. Sleigh rides, dog sledding, ice fishing and winter horseback riding also shine. An indoor heated arena offers a comfortable space for winter riding, lessons and clinics. https://ranchweb.com/ranches/vista-verde
- In Big Sky, Montana, guests of Lone Mountain Ranch enjoy proximity to Yellowstone National Park plus benefits of plenty of powder that falls on the Rockies. Think cross-country on 85 kilometers of carefully maintained woodland trails over mountain terrain, plus alpine skiing at Big Sky Resort, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and winter fly fishing. https://ranchweb.com/ranches/lone-mountain-ranch
www.ranchweb.com, founded in 1995 and regularly updated, offers an array of dude ranches in the US, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Canada. Arranged alphabetically by destination, these ranches also organize themselves along the lines of the number of guests accommodated at one time, the activities, and if they are meeting friendly. A multitude of activities range from horseback riding and instruction, fishing, hiking, swimming, archery, shooting, rodeos, games, cattle drives, mountain biking … and more. Potential guests of properties listed on this site may also contact a Ranchweb Concierge Service for additional assistance in sorting through the myriad of options now being listed into 2017.
Founded in 2011, www.top50ranches.com focuses on where to locate and then what to expect when it comes to the world’s top dude, guest, working and luxury ranch vacations in the United States and Canada as well as Argentina, Mexico and New Zealand. The site outlines special ranch offers, events and opportunities and makes available Top50’s Concierge Service, a no-fee advice service by phone for valued Top50 Travelers who seek extra help while choosing the right ranch for their family or business group.
Follow RanchWeb and Top50 Ranches on Social Media:
RanchWeb Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ranchweb
RanchWeb Twitter: https://twitter.com/ranchweb
RanchWeb Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ranchweb/
Top50 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DudeRanchVacations/
Top 50 Twitter: https://twitter.com/top50ranches
Top50 Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/RanchVacations/
For more travel features, visit:
‘Like’ us on facebook.com/NewsPhotoFeatures