DOWNERS GROVE, IL –Experience a one-time-offering of Abercrombie & Kent’s flagship Botswana Safari in Style hosted by A&K USA President Phil Otterson and Paul Bauer, Managing Director of A&K Southern Africa in July 2016 to celebrate the reopening of Sanctuary Chief’s Camp in the Okavango Delta. Limited to just 22 guests, this journey features a host of extras handpicked to elevate the experience, including a scenic Flight of the Angels helicopter tour over Victoria Falls, a ride on the Royal Livingstone Express train and a stay at Chief’s Camp in the Moremi Game Reserve, which offers Africa’s finest game-viewing.
“This year Botswana is celebrating 50 years of independence,” says Otterson. “The story of Botswana’s journey from poverty to becoming one of Africa’s most stable, thriving societies and a leader in sustainable tourism is inspirational and I’m looking forward to sharing it with our guests.”
Botswana Safari In Style: Special President’s Journey
July 11-20, 2016
- Explore three phenomenal wildlife areas – Chobe National Park, the Okavango Delta and Moremi Game Reserve – under the expert guidance of A&K’s incomparable safari guides.
- View mighty Victoria Falls from a scenic “Flight of the Angels” helicopter ride.
- Experience the newly rebuilt Sanctuary Chief’s Camp – named one of Africa’s best by Condé Nast Traveler – set in the Mombo Concession of the Moremi Game Reserve, home to superb “Big 5” game viewing.
- Gather for a unique dining experience on the Royal Livingstone Express, as you journey by train through the untamed Zambian bushveld.
- Sharpen your photography skills with a presentation by a noted wildlife photographer.
- Meet the elephant whisperer and a trio of semi-habituated African elephants.
- Tour Nakatindi Village by bicycle, a project supported by A&K Philanthropy, and learn how bikes make education and healthcare more accessible in this remote region.
As with all Luxury Small Group Journeys, Abercrombie & Kent includes private airport transfers on arrival and departure; Scenic Sundowners, a chance to enjoy a refreshing cocktail and a spectacular view; and Travelling Bell Boy® service that transfers luggage from camp to camp, along with complimentary Internet access.
To learn more about this exclusive opportunity to travel on Botswana Safari In Style: Special President’s Journey (10 days from $13,295 pp/dbl), contact your travel professional, call 800.554.7094 to speak with an A&K travel consultant or go to www.abercrombiekent.com.
For more travel features, visit:
‘Like’ us on facebook.com/NewsPhotoFeatures